Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'm Moving!

At last, I have mustered the courage to hand in my resignation letter and thus, have put an end to this tragidramedy (ok, I just made that up) of indecisiveness. I now have two weeks to complete the tasks that needed finishing touches before I finally wrap up my stay in the company.

Although I must admit I had a great time with the people I have worked with for nearly two years, I have my own issues and the least I can do is wish for the best for those I’ll leave behind. But I have given them a piece of my mind, my heart and soul. I started in the company as my sole self and have changed since then –– have gotten married and then had a baby (or the other way around).

I know I have this tendency to forget this rule (and probably where I came from): Accept what cannot be changed, have the courage to change what can be changed but have the wisdom to know the difference.

But dili nako sila matiis. I just cannot shut myself out from the problems around me just because I am safe and secure. That’s why before I’ll bid a final farewell, I told the management on what I think the problems are with the company. Of course, we all hope for the better, if not for the best.

It’s just that, I believe in them –– but that’s just not enough. A part of me says I should just let things and them be but there’s just a thin line between things that can be and cannot be changed. And you just have to have faith –– in PEOPLE. A line from a movie Armageddon comes to mind and it says, “We’re all gonna die, right? We might as well die saving the world.”

Albeit this doesn’t even weigh up to that (saving the world, that is), but what the heck? We all have our own contributions, no matter how small. It doesn’t have to be towards “save the cheerleader, save the world” level. Now, I’m not talking about the hit American TV series Heroes here. Although I still have to catch an episode later. ;]

Seriously, though, this is a big decision for me and though I must admit I’ve taken time pondering on this, it’s only recently (just the past weekend) that the thought finally sank in. I am resigning… where am I going? You know, for once, I should stop pretending like this is the most natural thing in the world to do.

But as luck would have it (no, seriously, it’s too early to talk about luck right now), I have been given an offer to work at home and that means having more time for my baby. Ok, I have decided to take yet another crack at this something that I know to this day I'm still struggling on: programming/software development.

Hmm… you know what? Despite everything, things are as lovely as they already are. (Although at the back of my mind I want to go to Japan and experience the wonders of the place, as my dear friend Idel has been writing so interestingly about.)

Ideru, paanhaa nya ko ha. Really, I'm excited!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey syves.. if you or Karl want to come and try to work here, just send me your resume and ill forward it to my company :D

All About | Blog | Karl and Syve | Karl | Kablagh
Copyright 2007-2008 Syve's Blog Spot
Comments and Feedback

Disclaimer: All writings currently displayed at Syve's Blog Spot are personal thoughts. Updates will soon take effect.